This project started out as a spring wreath, but since I only just finished it, I'm now calling it my summer wreath.
The wreath foundation is made from burlap upholstery webbing, wrapped around a foam wreath form.
There are tutorials all over the blogosphere for how to make fabric flowers. Suffice it to say that a lot of twisting and rolling were involved. I used some fabric glue to hold them together, since it is easier on my fingertips than the glue gun.
I put the flowers on by sticking sewing pins from the dollar store through the centre of them and into the wreath form.
I was looking for something to put on the other side, since it looked a little unbalanced and I was tired of making flowers. I remembered that I had kept the black metal house numbers that we took off of our house when we painted it two years ago - I put up some bigger, bolder ones on the house. I dug out the old numbers and painted them with some craft paint. Then I stuck them on by putting pins through the screw holes.
I'm quite pleased with the finished product. And - a nifty feature - since the flowers and numbers are simply pinned on, I can reinvent the wreath for other seasons as well. At the rate I move, I had better start making some fall flowers now!