Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Wreath


This project started out as a spring wreath, but since I only just finished it, I'm now calling it my summer wreath.

The wreath foundation is made from burlap upholstery webbing, wrapped around a foam wreath form.

There are tutorials all over the blogosphere for how to make fabric flowers.  Suffice it to say that a lot of twisting and rolling were involved.  I used some fabric glue to hold them together, since it is easier on my fingertips than the glue gun. 


I put the flowers on by sticking sewing pins from the dollar store through the centre of them and into the wreath form.

I was looking for something to put on the other side, since it looked a little unbalanced and I was tired of making flowers.  I remembered that I had kept the black metal house numbers that we took off of our house when we painted it two years ago - I put up some bigger, bolder ones on the house.  I dug out the old numbers and painted them with some craft paint.  Then I stuck them on by putting pins through the screw holes.

I'm quite pleased with the finished product.  And - a nifty feature - since the flowers and numbers are simply pinned on, I can reinvent the wreath for other seasons as well.  At the rate I move, I had better start making some fall flowers now!

No comments:

Post a Comment