Saturday, April 16, 2011

Treasure hunting and dorkiness

First, let me start by saying that I am a dork.

The kind of a dork who, as a child, would buy school supplies and then set them up in little displays and admire them.

Second, I am a treasure-hunter.  I love finding beautiful things in second hand stores or yard sales.  Which sounds so thrifty, but is not really if you do it a little too much.  As I might be inclined to do.

Third, part of the fun of finding treasures is showing them to others who appreciate them.  Which the males of my household (ie. everyone but me) are not really going to do.

Which all leads me to this...pretties gleaned from my last trip to Value Village.









The tray needs a coat of paint to make it look good, but it is solid.  I'm pretty sure that he pin (which I didn't get a very good picture of) is vintage and I love the shape of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment